The single and parallel extruder machines are very useful both are used for different purposes. A single extruder machine is used in plastics manufacturing industries. The design of single extruder machines is very simple and these are low-cost machines. These are mainly used in the SE series single screw extruder.
Single screw plastic extruder and parallel screw extruder are different. The single extruder machine has only one screw but parallel extruder machine has two screws. Both these extruder machines are operated by motors and power varies according to the number of screws. If you want to get more info about plastic extrusion systems then you can explore the online website.
They're used in various areas and to fulfill various requirements. Now let us do some study about the comparisons of two types of machines:-
- The Single extruder machines balanced with the radial force, but parallel twin type balance the rotor's radial force through the SKF bearing. The equipment and rotor of a single kind are usually made at home, so the raw materials and processing technologies and its manufacturing precision can't be guaranteed as advanced.
- SE plastic extruder compresses air with a single twist and two-star wheels, and the threes direct contact with one another, thus resulting in the significant fiction involving the star wheel and rotor. There'll be good inner leaking in a large head, and the number of displacement is reduced.
- While the parallel twin screw extruder meshes from the female and male rotor. The oil film is different between two rotors without direct contact, so the friction is small, and displacement doesn't change with time.
- The rate of SE series in the primary engine is 2,970 r/min, and the minimum is 1480 r/min. While the parallel twin screws extruder has the energy-saving motor with all the rate of1460 r/min. The greater the rate is, the greater the wear is.
- The substance of star wheel at series are resin while the star wheel and twist are meshing and running, it's easy to wear and tear, and the resin pieces will fall in the oil in the primary engine and is easy to result in elevated temperatures in air compressor and breakdown.